Fab 5 Gardening Jobs to do in ... February
February can be a bleak yet short month but grab the opportune days to be outside.
1. Lawn care - It's way too early to start mowing but there are still jobs to do with the lawn so it looks its best in 18. The lawn is probably water logged so keep off it as much as you can but in drier and non frosty periods, it is still worth raking off those leaves and worm casts, as these will lead to bare patches later in the year. Prevention is better than cure!
2. February is a great time to plant flowering shrubs. As the weather slowly starts to warm and the ground being nice a damp, its a great time of year to get these lovelies in the ground and then they will flower this year for you.
3. Save the Bees - Have you decided on what you want to plant? Aster's, Zinnia's, Crocus, Thyme, Sage, Sunflower's, or maybe Lavender .... My Facebook post explains all. Let's all help those bees.
4. Compost - Now is a good time to dive in and turn your compost heat - or heaps! Turning is a key part of a healthy compost, so on a warmer day and when you are wrapped up, dig in. You will probably feel some heat from the heap - what a bonus in Feb!
5. I was given a old book recently and found this ...
He who plants a garden, plants happiness. (Chinese proverb)
I couldn't agree more ...
More, next month